Genuine Blue Opal gemstone earrings encased with 925 Sterling Silver all handmade by artisans in India. The gemstones are ethically sourced, and each piece of jewellery is made with solid sterling silver. The earrings are hypoallergenic, nickel, lead and cadmium-free and comply with British regulations.
Blue Opal: It has a connection with the star Aludra that is in the last degree of the zodiac sign of Cancer. It is considered a gem with very appreciable and beneficial properties. Especially recommended for those born in the Sun in the last degrees of Pisces or Scorpio. Blue Opal can become your bedside stone. This gem radiates soft and calm energy that will help eliminate tension from your body and clarify your thoughts. It is also said of this stone that promotes the ability to communicate with others. It is, therefore, a highly recommended gem for shy and introspective people to wear.
What is so special about Blue Opal?
Blue Opal is a delicate gem of great beauty and ornamental value. Its mystical brightness gives it an air of elegance that is hypnotizing for those who approach this stone. Blue Opal is a mineral with a composition like that of quartz, but with water molecules inside. The Greeks believed that it came from the tears of Zeus’ luck after his victory against the Titans.
Like all blue stones, blue opal has a cooling and sedative effect. It is used in the energy field to stimulate the balance of the mind and to harmonize both hemispheres of the brain. As an ornamental gem, although it is relatively common, it is used to create the jewellery of varied value, the price of which depends on the quality of the piece. In general, it is sold carved round or elongated.
To get the best benefits of blue opal, it is usually a good idea to wear it. Blue opal necklaces, earrings and rings are the most popular choice.
The earrings will be sent packaged in a BellaMira jewellery box - ready for gifting or for storing securely. A unique gift for a birthday, valentine’s day, mother’s day or fathers day, christening, baby shower, new mum, anniversary, special occasion, graduation, holy communion, or as a gift for Eid, Diwali, Hannukah and Christmas.
- Blue Opal earrings encased with 925 Sterling Silver
- Sterling Silver earrings with fishhooks (for pierced ears only)
- Complies to British standards for jewellery that is nickel, cadmium and lead free and hypoallergenic.
- Genuine gemstone jewellery ethically created and sourced from India
- Handmade earrings created by artisans based in India
- BellaMira gift box included
Caring for Sterling Silver
Proper storage of sterling silver jewellery and gift items goes a long way toward preserving its shine and preventing the oxidation that can cause dullness and discoloration.
Below, we have compiled some quick tips for proper storage of fine silver jewellery:
- To prevent scratches, each piece should be stored individually in its own case, pouch, or compartment.
- Be sure store sterling silver in a dry, cool place. In hot climates, it should be kept in an air-conditioned room.
- Avoid keeping jewellery boxes in bathrooms, as the moist, warm air can compromise the brilliance of your sterling.
- For best results, keep your sterling silver jewellery in a case lined with tarnish-resistant material.
- If you are planning on storing a sterling silver piece for an extended period, try sealing it in an airtight bag (plastic works fine) to protect it from oxidation and humidity.